Google Cloud Memorystore
From Luis Gallego Hurtado - Not Another IT guy
Google Cloud Memorystore is a scalable, secure, and highly available in-memory storage service for Redis and Memcached, which allows you to reduce latency.
- Fully managed: provisioning, replication, failover and patching are all automated.
- 100% compatible with open source Redis and Memcached.
- Migrate your caching layer to cloud with zero code change.
- It automates complex tasks for Redis and Memcached, like enabling high availability failover, patching and monitoring.
- Clusters up to 5TB and millions of queries per second at very low latency.
- Replication of memory store for Redis instances to 2 zones, with a 99.9% availability SLA, with automatic failover (minimal disruption).
- Protected from internet using VPC networks and private IP, and integrated with IAM.
- Monitorizable with Google Cloud Monitoring, and additionally with OpenCensus.
- Billed for the provisioned capacity (GB), on a second basis.
- Application caches
- Gaming: leaderboards, player profiles, etc.
- Stream Processing. Combined with Dataflow, Memorystore provides a scalable, fast in-memory store for storing intermediate data, accessible with very low latency.