Google Cloud Platform Interfaces
Google Cloud Console is the main tool for administrating Google Cloud Platform.
In order to use it, you must select a Project first.
It also requires to setup, in your project, a credit card (or bank account) for billing.
Google Cloud Shell
It is a stateful cloud container with no additional cost, running remotely, based on a linux environment with gcloud command, editors, python and other tools.
Command Line Interfaces
Google Cloud SDK
Command Line Utility and SDK (including almost all libraries local to your computer).
- Tools for Cloud Platform
- It manages VMs
- Networking, Storage, Firewall, Disk and more.
- You can use your favorite language.
- You can run Local Service Emulator
- gcloud: manages authentication, local configuration, developer workflow and interactions with GCP APIs.
- gsutil: access to manage Cloud Storage buckets and objects.
- Powershell cmdlets: managing GCP resources with Powershell.
- bq tool: run queries, manipulate datasets, tables and entities in BigQuery
- kubectl: orchestrates deployment and management of Kuberenetes container clusters in gcloud.
gcloud init gcloud auth list gcloud info gcloud help
You can launch API Explorer for a given API, with doc about the API and the capability to invoke Google APIs, by accessing to "APIs & Services" in Google Cloud Console.